Monday, December 9, 2013

The Grammy Awards - Undone

Hello :)
So recently the Grammies nomination list just came out. So for the bloggers that aren't so into Christmas, I wanted to give you a little blog post that will give you a rest. Here I am going to go through some of the Grammy awards and look at the nominees, and say who I want to win, or who deserves to win :)

Record of the year:

Nominations- Get lucky- Daft Punk & Pharrell Williams, Radioactive - Imagine Dragons, Royals - Lorde, Locked out of Heaven - Bruno Mars, Blurred lines- Robin Thicke Featuring T.I. & Pharrell.

And the winner is..... Royals!!

I think that Lorde deserves this award because of the fact that, yes, all of these songs are over played, but to think that last year she was just a normal girl in New Zealand out of all places! The song is also very catchy and different.

Song of the year: 

Nominations - Just Give Me A Reason-Pink, Locked Out Of Heaven-Bruno Mars, Roar-Katy perry, Royals- Lorde, Same Love -Macklemore, Mary Lambert & Ryan Lewis.

Drummmm Rollll.... Same Love!I honestly loved this song so much when it came out. I loved how this song had such a relaxed feel but still had such a strong message. I loved this song and found it funny how it was top of the charts that same year that gay marriage became legal in New Zealand.

Best new artist: 
Nominations - James Blake, Kendrick Lamar, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Kacey Musgraves,Ed Sheeran.

Ed Sheeran!
Now I find this award very strange as James Blake is defiantly not a new artist and neither is Ed Sheeran. Seeing as I haven't heard to much from Kacey Musgraves or kendrick Lamar, and Ed Sheeran sold out Vector Arena in Auckland, I think he deserves it. He has worked his butt off to get this far and I really want him to get this award!

Best compilation soundtrack for visual media:

Nominations:Django Unchained, Great Gatsby, Les Misérables (Deluxe Edition), Muscle Shoals, Sound City: Real To Reel.

And the Winner is, Great Gatsby!
The Great Gatsby was one of my favorite soundtrack of all time! I think almost everyone had one of these songs on their ipods. I loved the 1920s' feel. My favorite song from this was either '100$ bills' or ' Young and beautiful'. I loved these songs so much and just feel like listening to them right now!

Anyway that's enough for tonight! See you next time!

- RunningfromRuby xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...